Numerous guardians and parents are uninformed of how significantly oral wellbeing can impact the overall general wellbeing of their child. Tooth decay is preventable, yet it remains the most widely recognized interminable youth infection. You can completely avert tooth decay! All it requires is an introduction to oral healthcare practices early in life.
WHY IS MILK TOOTH SIGNIFICANT?
Milk teeth influence the child’s way of life, keeping up these teeth until the age of 11 years is extremely important. As:
? They help in the development of a child’s jaw.
? Determines the growing face structure.
? Maintains the space for perpetual teeth in the future.
? Help kids in proper speech and pronunciation.
? Chewing the food appropriately to derive nourishment.
HOW TO KEEP THE TEETH FIT AS A FIDDLE?
Routine oral hygiene practice if incorporated in initial years of life, can lead to healthy oral health. The basic practice of keeping the oral cavity clean should be religiously practiced in a fun way.
• Children should brush their teeth 2 times each day for around 2 minutes.
• Each time with a toothpaste that contains fluoride; The quantity to be used is of pea size amount till the age of 2 years and rice grain size amount till the age of 6 years.
• Parents should supervise their kids in brushing until they are 7-8 years of age.
• The use of electrical brushes is also advised as it doesn’t require hand dexterity.
• Correct brushing helps in the removal of dental plaque. But brushing alone is not sufficient to remove plaque located in places where the toothbrush can't reach. These sites are located in between the teeth and below the gums. To clean them, flossing is the right option.
• Flossing should start immediately after your child has 2 teeth that touch.
• Flossing is very important to prevent proximal decay. (decay arising from contact area between two adjacent teeth)
• Flossing also helps to polish tooth surfaces and control bad breath
• Your child should floss once a day for 2 to 3 minutes at least.
STANDARD DENTAL VISITS
• Your child’s first dental visit should happen when his/her first baby tooth erupts (i.e. around 6-7 months) and none later than their first birthday
Children should visit the Стоматологическая клиника
two times per year for routine cleaning and dental assessment. Nonetheless, your dental specialist might need to see you or your kid pretty much regularly if they’re at high cavities risk. It is ideal to pursue their direction.
• Let your dental specialist know whether you or your kid has an ailment or is taking a prescription.
• If your child has bleeding gums that proceed with longer than about fourteen days, you need to see your pedodontist.
• The correct sort of nourishment consumption is mandatory for good teeth.
• Limit refined sugar intake and dispose of sugary refreshments as they produce high acid and the main culprit to initiate cavities in your little one’s mouth
• Limit carbonated drinks, for example, soft drink or pop, or soda punch as they’re responsible to cause erosion of white layer (enamel) of teeth causing increased tooth sensitivity problems early in life.
• Your child should drink milk but with no added sugars or syrups
• Using Xylitol containing chewing gums is a good choice.
• Rinsing your child’s mouth or giving them a sip of water after every mean is recommended to wash them off from the oral cavity.
Stronger Teeth, Healthier Children?